This post is long over due, I’ve been getting a lot of questions on how I make my flower head bands way before I started blogging. I planned to make it my first DIY post when I finally start blogging but life happened lol. Anyway thanks to snapchat and Debs (a friend and reader) for reminding me to do this tutorial on how you can make your own flower crown (that isn’t a filter) too! So here we go…
Here’s what you’d need:
- Artificial flowers
- Glue (I’m using Uhu glue)
- Scissors (not photographed)
What you need to do:
-Wear the headband, measure how much of the headband you want covered with the flowers. To make this even easier for you, I advice you get the same type of hair band I used or something very similar that’s half elastic and half non-elastic, so you just cover the non-elastic part with flowers.
– Cut out the flower petals from the stick, stem, I really don’t know what it’s called right now but you know what I’m talking about right?
– Do a flower arrangement with the flower petals of how you’d want the flowers to look on your headband.
– With your glue attach each flower petal unto the headband.
If you stay in Lagos, you can get artificial from teduosho market, Yaba or in Balogun market, Lagos island. This DIY project cost me less than a thousand naira, so you see it’s not just easy but very affordable to do. If you try this out do tag me in your photos :
Twitter – Shefvreign_
Instagram – Thesvnflwr