Currently listening to Frank Ocean – Chanel.
Finally a post is up on here this week, thought this wouldn’t happen as I’m currently super duper fuper juper etc busy with school because I start exams in a few week but we still pushing. Today’s post is a hair post and I’m excited about it because hair excites me a whole lot but who doesn’t it though? The braided wig which is actually my favorite of the wigs I own at the moment is pretty in every girls wig collection right now and in today’s post I’d be sharing with you tips on how I maintain mine.
A lot of people blame hair vendors for selling them bad hair / wig but the reality of things sometimes is the fact that most of them do not take care of these hair units properly. Even with our natural hair growing outta our scalp, if it’s not treated right it’s going to be coarse not to talk of processed hair. So here is a list of things I do to my braid wig that has it looking new on every wear
* Always hang upright with the tips straight too.
* Dip midway into a bowl of very hot water every 2weeks with a few drops of oil (optional) to straighten end.
* Apply hair mousse while wet and as desired from time to time when dry to keep frayed hair away.
* Spray on some oil sheen from time to time to restore shine or in my case I use the loreal vitamino colour because it adds just the right amount of shine and it’s non greasy (I can’t deal with greasy stuff).
* Do not have your braided wig tied up often, yeah I know it gets hot sometimes (everytime) but doing this will leave the ends looking tacky.
* Do not plait the ends.
* Just like your weaves, do not sleep with your braided wig on because that will result in a lot of frayed hairs appearing.
It’s been 2months now since I’ve had my braided wig and I tell you buying it is one of the best decision I’ve made this year. Good maintenance is the key to getting good value for your money, no matter how good something is, if not properly maintained it will wither away. I hope this was useful to you? Do continue to enjoy the rest of your week.
Till next time… xoxo.
Word for the day : “You can not kill yourself and live your life” _ a course mate.
What’s your take on the braided wig trend? How do you care for your wigs? Was this post any useful to you? Do let me know by leaving a comment below, thanks.